Sunday, May 21, 2017

Rants with Tia

Well hello there! Welcome to my blog. For those of you who are new, you aren't missing much. Once again it has been a while since I last made a post. Between working and family I just haven't had it in me to write. 

Today's topic is life.

Next month I will be twenty-five years old! That's a scary thought. Feels like just yesterday I was in high school (2011 ago). When I was in high school I wanted to go to school for nursing. A month after I graduated high school I enrolled in a summer class at my community college. I took Microbiology lecture/lab. I loved the class and the teacher. I even passed the class with a b! After summer term ended and the fall term started I was a full time college student ( go Eagles!) College was actually nerve wracking for me. I was such, and still is a very socially awkward person. Making friends was hard because I was shy and didn't care to talk to people. I tried to be a good student. My first semester I always went to class, did my homework, did extra credit, etc. At one point I started failing A&P I and math. My test scores have always been terrible. It's like I would pass everything but tests. When the time came to take the HESI test for the nursing program I signed up to take it. I bought HESI study materials and started studying. I took the test and waited for results to be posted. When the results were posted I found out that I passed my test! I passed the test to get into the LPN program!! I scored 70 points which was more than needed to pass. I met with my councilor to discuss what was next then the bad news came. She told me that even tough I passed the exam to get into the program, I wasn't passing the classes I needed. There were still other classes that I needed to take like public speaking which I was trying to avoid. That broke my heart. I felt defeated and didn't know what to do.

The next semester after getting my grant check, I slowly started skipping classes. I wasn't doing homework. I really felt like college wasn't for me. I eventually stopped all together. I even started at another college taking online classes in 2014. I was going for medical billing and coding. I enjoyed the classes and the teachers were really nice. I worked hard and studied. Submitted my assignments on time.With only two months left in my program, I quit.My councilors and teachers started emailing me and calling asking why I haven't been active in my classes. I didn't know what to tell them. I apologized and left it at that. I regret not being stronger to overcome what I was going through so I could actually finish something. I felt like I was letting people down. Now I am almost 25 no degree, certificate or nothing. Just a high school diploma. I want to go back to school but now I owe two different schools money. This point in my life nursing is a distant dream and medical billing seems more easier to grasp. I want better and I want to be great at whatever I decide to do. If you can dream it, you can do it. Just have to make sure you have the actions to back up your wants.

Later

Tia 💟


3 comments:

  1. Hello ! just an invitation to join us on "Directory Blogspot" to make your blog in 200 Countries
    Register in comments: blog name; blog address; and country
    All entries will receive awards for your blog
    cordially
    Chris
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Hello ! just an invitation to join for the community. This allows you to promote your website and publish articles
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109662684129677096983

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your blog you and I seemed to have taken similar paths. You ain't a failure though, college just wasn't for you, hell I tried for my degree 3 times before getting it and now I don't even use it...but I have a bunch of student loans to show for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin for reading my post! Your comment is very encouraging. I just want to let people know that just because things don't go right doesn't mean it the world is over. Have a great day!

      Delete