Friday, January 6, 2017

Change Is Coming

Happy New Year everyone!! It has been a long time since I written a post. Let's get to it..

My fiancé has introduced me to this amazing book by Amy Sharp called How to Change The Way You Think. I love this book and have read it twice now. I have been struggling with depression, and self hate for a long time. I overthink, sometimes I act without thinking and it makes the people I love and care about think that I don't care. As far as depression, I have talked to therapists, been on medication, kept a journal, you name it I tried it. It's almost as if I spent most of my life sad and feeling sorry for myself. I can't stress enough how real depression is and how hard it is for me even now to deal with. But anyway...... This book was kind of a reality check for me. Basically what I got from this book is if you want to be happy, be happy. But sometimes it isn't that easy, but it really is! I have a beautiful three year old daughter and a wonderful fiancé, so why not be happy? Change is scarey for me, I'm not gonna lie. Me and my little family recently moved into an apartment. After 24 years of living with my grandmother, I wanted to move but I was nervous. I was worried that my daughter would have a hard time adjusting to our new place but she was beter than I was!

I know that as a person I have a lot to work on. I have so many plans and so much I want me and my family to do but my mind has to be in the right spot. Even though I'm 24, sometimes I just do not feel like a woman. But then again, I know who I am and what I stand for. I know what I want out of life and the things I want to accomplish. I look at each day as a learning opportunity. Everyday I try to be better than who I was the day before. I have a little one looking up to me. I simply want to be great and with the love and support from my little family I will be able to acheive my personal goals and just flourish.

Again, Happy New Year and be safe.

Later
Tia  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment