Monday, March 24, 2014

Save Our City

I have lived in Mississippi my whole life. I won't say I just LOVE living here but it's home. Recently, maybe the past year or two, the little town of Meridian has been struck with havoc and torture. It's really not safe to take our children to the parks, go for walks, or really anything. Meridian has been struck with something evil. Gang violence, shootings, murders, theft, drugs, and pretty much all of the above. Aubree is five months old and I have a nine year old sister, This is not a place where I want them to grow up. I don't allow my sister to play outside anymore because I just don't trust that she'll be okay by herself. Even if it is in our own yard. People are buying guns a guard dogs to protect themselves and their homes. What's sad is that the very people who complain about all the crime and how the crime rate is rising are the same people who witness these things and keep quiet. What if your son or daughter was shot or beaten up, wouldn't you want someone to tell you all they know? I know I would. I have so many peers that I went to school with and they are now locked up for killing people. It's sad really. But what can we do about it? I'm not here to preach but come on people use a little common sense. But then again, common sense isn't all that common.
Later!   

No comments:

Post a Comment